Healthy, fun, hands-on, cooking class for children!
- Cooking experts from ‘Allergic to Salad’ are teaching cooking classes to children, starting at 18 months old! Kids in the class will learn kitchen safety, preparation techniques, as well as healthy ingredient, spices and equipment identification
- Kids will be cooking up – and eating – cool dishes like Carrot Cumin Soup, Pea Crostini, Breakfast Burritos, Beet Hummus, Pea Pesto and more!
- In this era of pre-packaged, industrialized food, our work combats a widespread “allergy,” to many healthy foods while building basic skills, techniques, and familiarity with healthy foods and creating a platform for a lifetime of nourishing exploration and adventurous eating through hands-on, activity-filled classes.
- While we are cognizant and sensitive to the variety of food allergies prevalent, the foods we share are appropriate and safe for almost every child, regardless of age.
- Mixed-age classes are divided into groups by age/ability and taught by multiple instructors.
- $280 – 45-minute class (10 sessions) – click here to purchase
- Plus $30 for 10 weeks ($3 per class) – per child – materials/ingredients fee – click here to purchase
- $250 – any additional class – click here to purchase
- $130 – add-on unlimited open play for 10 weeks for 1 child – click here to purchase
- $33 – drop-in class pass (subject to availability, advance registration required – please email us at email@example.com) – click here to purchase
Allergic to Salad began as a blog in September 2010 following the recipes and antics of Stacey Ornstein’s after-school cooking classes for elementary-aged students. Since the start of the blog, interest in cooking classes has broadened the scope of the original project. Local parents demanded classes for their children, cooking-themed birthday parties, and even adults made class requests. Allergic to Salad has grown with this demand and continues to expand.